Friday, November 29, 2013

The Champs-Elysees YAY! (you read that right)


Christmas Beers do not disappoint
Another Noon start time to our day.  May have something do to the fact that Pierce went to bed past Midnight.  I will say this, he fully embraces the culture here.

I  break my rule and we go to the Champs-Elysees.  Before you think I am heading to the equivalent of Woodfield Mall (and you would be correct), I must shed light on the reason for our visit. Rumor has it that the Christmas Kindlemarket is pretty kick-butt.  We take a chance and hit the jackpot.

Something that a dear friend said to me last week struck a cord. Looking at you KS!  She and her daughter were in NYC and she had a set of plans that did not include the typical tourist dreg.  But when she got there and saw the smiles that even the simplest things brought, all plans out the window. Wise words.

The market is pure magic and a kid heaven. Best of all, no lines, no waiting.  I do not need to remind anyone, The Gordons are line free. Yes, I get it, I could use some botox, but that's another post.
A ride on the Ferris Wheel

We hit up the massive Ferris Wheel, for the cool price of 25 Euros.  Normally I would say not worth it, but with zero line and a killer view, who can argue. The dude gives us three rotations and we are set.

Off to the more than 350 merchants that are part of the market, lots and lots of repeats.  But alas, the boys face is pure happiness the whole time.  A ride down a slide, a roller coaster excursion and a 'bungy cord' bouncy thing are huge hits.

Lest you think Mitch and I are martyrs we indulge in the Christmas Ales available at nearly every stand.  
Pierce kept calling Euros Churros, so I could
not resist this picture
Thrilled to taste the Noel version of some of our favorites, Leffe, Grimbergen and Affilgem we solider on in the name of Christmas spirit.

A Metro ride back to our hood and a quick wine fused lunch brings us back to one of my other favorite Paris outposts….BHV.  This department store is simply devine.  You may compare it to a Sears but that would be an insult.  The basement does indeed have tools and also leather hides?!  But it is pure class  So much so that I indulge my shopping tendencies and buy a few beautiful things for the P monster.  Yes, he could care less, but as long as I can dress him like he gives a hoot I will continue.  Really is it any wonder we stopped at one, what would I do with a girl.  Besides drive me insane, I may be responsible of the Gordon bankruptcy
One of the many rides and activities
at the Kindlemarket

No comments:

Post a Comment