Saturday, March 6, 2010

Hidden Treasure


In my ultimate quest to uncover overlooked treasure, I made a major find today. A venture over to the Bastille outdoor arts market proved fruitful on many fronts. On Saturdays, the area hosts an art market akin to a Well Street Art Fair, only instead of once per year it is EVERY Saturday. While some impressive artists did beckon, I am taken with a purse and clothing designer with amazingly inventive wares. As always though I am wary of the impulse purchase and did a good look without buying (knowing they are open until 7 pm).

Following a day of contemplation and knowing Pierce would love to return to the on-site merry-go-round at the Bastille I opt to venture forward with the purchase.

Evidently, Parisians are in full discovery of said young designer since 90% of his wares are sold upon my late return. I manage to snap a small handbag and it is delicious. Not sure if this is an appropriate term, but I do love it. Sharp and chic is the best description. Perhaps a picture will be in order down the line.

Feeling flush from my 'one of a kind' find we attempt to parlay this luck into scoring a dinner table. Easier said than done on a Saturday night. But, really it is 6:45 so can there be that bad of a wait. Answer, YES! At any rate, after multiple rejections, we find nirvana. SIDE NOTE: Some of the establishments have 9:00 p.m reservations. Umm, hello, I have a three year old in tow, I think we are vacating before 9:00 pm.!!! Response: Madam: we would never rush you :). Ahh, France. Home of the leisurely pursuit, even with a kiddo.

At last, we end our hunger strike at Le Cafe de Musee. It is on the corner of our street and always highly sought after (darn good food critic reviews :) With a bit of luck and promising to be out by their next reservation at 8:45 we find food. Steak tartare for Mitch and Entrecote (Rib Eye) for me. Pierce licks the bowl of his carrot soup and life is good again.

Back at the apt. we hope for a silent night.

No comments:

Post a Comment